Re: [OctDev] Test web-site of new octave-forge web-site including allpac

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Test web-site of new octave-forge web-site including allpackages
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:35:23 +0200

Paul Kienzle wrote:
On Oct 11, 2006, at 7:43 AM, David Bateman wrote:

Paul Kienzle wrote:
2) Does the package system have a one paragraph description for
the package that you could show in the detail box?
Paul,

Thinking again about this point, the problem here is that it was Soren
and I that wrote the existing short descriptions. I would like to
descriptions of packages to be longer and more informative, but I don't
think either Soren or myself can do more that the terse phrase we have
already included for the packages we don't support. Patch the
DESCRIPTION file to add a longer description. Note this same description
will be used in the creation of the srpms as well.

I would like to see a one sentence description on the
package listing and a one paragraph description on the
detail page.  Maybe we can use the 'first sentence is
summary' trick here.

I will see what I can do tonight to write some longer
package descriptions.

- Paul

Maybe reducing the number of packages makes at this time. The stuff in Econometrics could go into Statistics, since MLE is well known generally and GMM is just another name for minimum Chi-square estimation.
Michael