Re: Compiling octave with MSVC

From: Alois Schloegl
Subject: Re: Compiling octave with MSVC
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:40:45 +0200

Hi Micheal,

your result is about speed. Could you also check the accuracy of the results?

I suggest this test:  http://www.dpmi.tu-graz.ac.at/~schloegl/matlab/fermat/
Download these files into a local directory
http://www.dpmi.tu-graz.ac.at/~schloegl/matlab/fermat/fermat.m
http://www.dpmi.tu-graz.ac.at/~schloegl/matlab/fermat/flttest.m
http://www.dpmi.tu-graz.ac.at/~schloegl/matlab/fermat/flttest1000.m
and run flttest and flttest1000. Please send the resulting  *.txt files.

Alois

address@hidden wrote:

Here are some numbers. I ran the benchmark script in regular cygwin
package (current version is 2.1.73) and in 2 MSVC-compiled 2.9.9+
(actually, CVS versions) packages. Results are attached.
Both MSVC versions do not rely on external libraries, like an optimized
ATLAS or so. One version is compiled with full debug, no optimization.
The other with no debug, full speed optimization (/O2 flag).
Michael.