RE: Re: Problem using copyfile and movefile

From: michael . goffioul
Subject: RE: Re: Problem using copyfile and movefile
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:42:06 +0100

>> Is it worth to add all these additional files for the single
>> operation of binary copy of a file with mod/acl preserving
>> (which can be implemented with a few lines, even with
>> error detection)?
>
> If it is easy, then propose a patch. :-)

That was my intention, but I wanted to have external opinion before
spending time on it. The attached patch implements the low-level
file copy mechanism (with permissions and times preserving). If this
is OK, then it's possible to implement copyfile/movefile based on it.

Note: the attached patch also includes minor fixes concerning dir
separation char definition and detection.

Michael.