Re: more graphics changes.

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: more graphics changes.
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 06:44:39 +0200

On 3/16/07, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
John W. Eaton skrev:
> It would be helpful to me if people who have been using the new
> graphics features could check that I haven't broken too many things.
> Please report any problems that you find to this list.

The current cvs will not work for me unless I comment out the first
few lines in drawnow.m that call __lock_globals__.m

Shai

I've actually used octave today for some real work so I hit a few bugs:

*) The axis when showing images isn't correct. This was fixed in
previous version after some discussions on the behaviour. I think you
just have to flip the y-axis. The problem can be illustrated by the
following code:

   im = zeros(50, 50);
   im(30,  5:15) = 1;
   im(25:35, 10) = 1;
   imshow(im)
   hold on; plot(10, 30, 'r*'); hold off

This should show a black image with a white cross. In the center of the
white cross a red * should appear.

*) The "pause" function should call drawnow.

*) The "text" function doesn't do anything on my system.

I think that was all the problems I found,
Søren