Re: more graphics changes - subplots overlap

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: more graphics changes - subplots overlap
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 22:23:39 +0100

John W. Eaton skrev:
On 21-Mar-2007, Søren Hauberg wrote:
| So the current behavior seems to be fairly close to compatible.

And the reason nothing happens until the plot command is because I
don't know how to make gnuplot display axes (with or without labels
and a title) if there is no data to plot.
The only situation I can think of where it makes sense to show the axes without any data is when you use "ginput" to get the coordinates of your data. But since we don't have "ginput" I don't think it matters.

As to how to show axes without any data you can off course make some dirty hacks like
  plot(1000, 1000, 'o')
  axis([0, 1, 0, 1])
The point in (1000, 1000) should of course be removed once some real data was added, but this is such a dirty hack that I don't think you should waste your time on it.

Søren