Re: Re: Rewritten version of bar.m

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Re: Rewritten version of bar.m
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:52:58 +0300

On 4/18/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 18-Apr-2007, address@hidden wrote:

| This code isn't optimized yet. But the complexity will be not
| (strong) reduced even if the
| code will be optimized.
| The bar/barh arguments can be (almost) in any order and it will
| work!
| BTW, matlabs code is much more complex without to know why ...

If you are writing code for Octave, then I strongly urge you not to be
reading any functions that are distributed with Matlab.  Code that
ends up in Octave must be an independent implementation based only on
the interface specification or the way Matlab behaves and NOT
influenced by code you have seen that is part of Matlab.  This is
extremely important for the long-term health of the Octave project.

I also don't understand why your version of bar is so complex, or why
it needs to deal with colors or other properties at all.  It seems to
me that it should just manipulate the data into something that can be
passed to the plot function, along with the rest of the optional
property specifications.

but bars are drawn with patches, not lines, how would "plot" draw patches?