Re: Implementation of symrcm

From: Michael Weitzel
Subject: Re: Implementation of symrcm
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 08:57:27 +0200

Hi John,

John W. Eaton schrieb:
> Thanks for adding this function.
>
> I also checked in a few changes to the doc string.  The primary change
> was to remove the line
>
>   The author of the code itself is Michael Weitzel
>   (michael.weitzel@@uni-siegen.de, weitzel@@ldknet.org).
>
> since it is not customary to list the author(s) of functions in the
> doc strings.
>
> Or should we change that policy?  I think probably not, but if others
> feel strongly about it, then speak up.

no problem. I saw such a line in colamd.cc and supposed it to be
customary. The first part of the doc-string looks also a bit like the
one found in Matlab's symrcm. If this introduces a copyright issue I'll
provide a new one -- a probably better one. The adjectives "long" and
"skinny" are sloppy and describe the Matlab author's feelings rather
than characterizing a problem ;-)
--
Michael Weitzel