Re: saveing/loading symbol table of annymous functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: saveing/loading symbol table of annymous functions
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:04:20 -0400

On 16-May-2007, David Bateman wrote:

| I deliberately didn't search all of the load path, since if the function
| used for the function handle is part of Octave/Matlab it should be found
| in Octave/Matlab itself rather than elsewhere. Even if I searched the
| loadpath, I'd want the system versions to be taken in precedence over
| the other versions in the loadpath. So the order of the loadpath
| shouldn't be respected..
|
| Sure why not make this a load_path::find_X function. In that case I
| wouldn't need access to load_path::system_path() externally..

OK, I think I would just add an argument to the current find_X
functions.  It could say to search system directories, non-system
directories, or both (the default).  I think this would also require
modifying the dir_info class so that each dir_info object contains a
flag that says whether it is a system directory.

I don't have time to work on this right now, but it will come up again
soon for me when I start integrating the new symbol table code because
your new code accesses the symbol table directly.