Re: pkg manager and installing binary files (DLL)

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: pkg manager and installing binary files (DLL)
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 07:52:26 +0200

Michael Goffioul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The "fixed" package from octave-forge contains a DLL (when compiled under
> Windows), which is installed in the package directory. However, this
> seems to
> not work under Win32, which requires DLL to be located in PATH or in the
> same
> directory as the executable (octave.exe in this case). Changing the
> PATH variable
> within octave does not seem to solve the problem.
> Is it somehow possible to install some files in the octave bin
> directory with the
> package manager?
>
> Michael.

The reason for the separate DLL is that I also linked the DLL against
other oct-files for oct-files using the fixed type. See the examples
directory.

It worked under cygwin when I wrote it... I forced the DLL to be in the
same directory as octave.dll and it worked.. I don't think the makefile
does this though and it has to be done by hand. I wouldn't mind if you
suggested a fix?

D.