print.m: support of terminal epslatex?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: print.m: support of terminal epslatex?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 13:58:46 -0400

On 27-May-2007, Sebastian Schubert wrote:

| what do think of supporting the epslatex terminal.  It creates a .eps
| and a .tex file which you can include directly into a LaTeX document.
| The numbers and labels are then taken from the used font in LaTeX.  I
| attached a simple hack (against the 2.9.12 version), which I will
| enhanced, if you think it is worth it.  Usage:
|
| print('test.tex')
|
| or with '-dtex'.  It needs gnuplot 4 or 4.2. The latter includes an
| option to created a completly selfcontained tex file (a feature I would
| like to add).

Should the option maybe be -depslatex instead?

How much work is required to make this function properly if the
plotting backend is something other than gnuplot?  Though perhaps this
question applies to other output formats that we currently support as
well, so maybe it is not important to single out the epslatex
terminal.