Re: Mex API changes for 64bit

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Mex API changes for 64bit
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 01:53:44 -0400

On  3-Jun-2007, David Bateman wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
| >   single precision data type
|
| Just a question, since the double complex type has taken the name
| "Complex" whereas normally it should have a name starting in "Z", what
| would you call the single precision complex type? In any case, adding
| the type itself is easy enough, its all the mixed operators and all of
| the functions that currently accept double arrays that would also have
| to be converted to accept single precision arrays where the real work
| is.. Given increasing memory sizes, is this really worth it?

I think it would be a good feature to have anyway for compatibility,
but I would not rate the priority as high as the other items on the
list.

| >   profiler
| >   debugger
| >   interpreter performance
|
| What happened to the discussion on a tree walker evaluator? It seemed
| that that was a great idea that might impact all three of these...

We can revive that discussion now, but it might make more sense to
wait until my symbol table changes for objects and private functions
are at least checked in to a CVS branch.  I'm making progress on that
and hope to have more info about it before the end of the week.