Re: symbol table changes for private functions, classes, etc.

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: symbol table changes for private functions, classes, etc.
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:46:33 +0200

Søren Hauberg wrote:
> John W. Eaton skrev:
> [snip]
>> Comments?
> Wow, what a great way to start the morning :-)
>
> I don't want to hijack the thread so just one quick question:
>
> What needs to be done for 3.0 to be released?
Hey Soren, you've been doing it. IE. The manual :-) .... Seriously,
Soren you are probably in the best position to comment on what
documentation still needs to be improved for 3.0 as you have done so
much in this area recently. My comments on the manual are

* The major point is the plotting chapter really needs to be reworked..
This was on hold for the question of whether there would be any further
changes in the plotting code for 3.0 to be resolved.
* I think chapter 6 on structures needs a little bit more detail,
probably splitting it into sub-sections at the same time.
* I think the Chapter 19 on Bit manipulations should become a section of
Chapter 18 on Arithmetic. It also needs a few more details and examples
of the functions use.
* Chapter 21 on Non-linear equations needs an example. I also think it
might become a section of Chapter 25 Optimization, with the title of the
chapter being changed slightly.
* Chapter 30 on Interpolation should be split in to sections on
interpolation over one dimension including the functions, interp1,
interpft, spline, bicubic and lookup and the rest into a section on
higher dimensional interpolation. The chapter should include a couple of
examples.
* Chapter 32 on Hashing functions should become a section of Chapter 38
on System Utilities. I consider md5sum to be a basic system utility. It
should also have a short example
* I am not sure Chapter 39 on Packaging shouldn't rather be an appendix.
* Also I think something should be done to the chapters Financial
Functions, Sets, Polynomial manipulation, Geometry, Signal Processing,
Audio Processing, and Quaternions. Though I have no idea what..

The other points than the plotting chapter might be treated while a
decision on whether there are any additional plot features to include
for 3.0 is treated..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only