wxOctave???

From: Kelly Boswell
Subject: wxOctave???
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 22:00:52 -0500

I'd like Octave to have a GUI and I'd like to do my best to help.  Do
you know of anyone who is working on this project?  In particular,
I've had my eye on wxWidgets for a while as a cross-platform toolkit.
I'm not the best programmer as of yet, but I'll get a lot better
because I just got a full-time job as a Software Engineer in C++.

For now, I'd just like to start developing a plan and tinkering with
stuff, in the pursuit of a GUI front-end for Octave.  It's a
particularly interesting project for me because I have a degree in
Electronics Engineering and I'm quite familiar with Matlab.  If you
can direct me to someone with similar ideas, I'd appreciate it.  Also,
I'd like to know what the GNU coding standards are for C++.

Thanks,
Kelly