Re: distributing Octave in August

From: poti
Subject: Re: distributing Octave in August
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:52:32 -0400

On 12:25 Fri 15 Jun     , Michael Goffioul wrote:
> On 6/15/07, Olli Saarela <address@hidden> wrote:
> >Have you tried starting octave with
> > octave --interactive
> >It works for my current setup (Octave 2.9.12-3/MSVC, Windows XP, Xemacs
> > 21.4.19).
>
> I received the following information from an Octave/Win32 user.
>
> Bye,
> Michael.
I am grateful to this user for making the effort to help me.
> 5) Added the following line to my .octaverc:

If I can set this through an environment variable, it will solve my
problem. Working through a startup file will be a little more
complicated, unless Octave, like Emacs, has multiple levels of startup
files that have precedence over each other until you get to the last
level, in the user's home directory. Maybe I could cat something to
the end of a file, but One of the rules for the DVD is that it is not
to touch anything on the computer behind the scenes except for ordinary
temp files in places where such files are expected to live.
-Poti