Need for JHandles/Linux tester

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Need for JHandles/Linux tester
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 12:35:30 +0200

Hi,

Recently, I started to lay down the grounds for GUI support in JHandles,
starting with the uicontrol objects. Up to now, I made all tests under Windows,
but I'd like to know if it also works OK under Linux. Is there anybody out there
using Octave/Linux and a system where JHandles can run OK (this probably
means java >= 1.6), who could give a try? The current code is in CVS of
octave-forge (you'll need to update java and jhandles packages in extra/
subdir).

What's working:
- uicontrol: only "pushbutton" and "edit" styles are implemented
- most useful properties (font, alignment, string, colors...)
- callbacks: including support for additional arguments in the Matlab-way
(ex: address@hidden, arg0, ...}, fun should then have the signature
fun(h,evt,arg0,...))

What's not working
- all other uicontrol styles
- less commonly-used properties (ButtonDownFcn, CreateFcn, UIContextMenu...)
- playing with existing axes in a callback(*): because this would require a
"drawnow" test at the end of the callback execution, but there's no available
API yet to do that

Thanks.
Michael.

(*) it actually works OK, but the axes is not redrawn, so you don't see the
result; typing <Enter> at octave prompt will trigger a redraw.