Re: Comparing speed of Octave binaries on cygwin

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Comparing speed of Octave binaries on cygwin
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 18:32:37 +0900 (JST)

Hello Michael!

> Just for the record, I tested your script on my
> MSVC-built version
> and compared to your cygwin-compiled version. While
> the cygwin
> version gives 2.8440, the MSVC version gives 4.1875.
> However,
> the MSVC version I used contains debugging info. An
> optimized
> version (a 2.9.12+ test package I still have
> installed) gives 1.8438.
>
> Michael.

Thanks for your reply.
I have also tested sse2 version of MSVC octave 2.9.12 and
2.9.13.  The results were almost the same.  MSVC binary is
faster than cygwin binary.  However my binary is much
faster than the ordinary cygwin package.
Perhaps the difference comes from posix like environment
emulation.  I usally use unix like tools so that this
difference is permitable for me.

Tatsuro Matsuoka

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/