Re: Octave 2.9.14 available for ftp : Qhull ?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Octave 2.9.14 available for ftp : Qhull ?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:57:21 +0200

Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> I have downloaded octave-2.9.14 and carried out the ./configure
>
> configure: WARNING: Qhull library not found --- This will result in loss of
> functionality of some
> geometry functions.
>
> ****
> I googled about the Qhull and found,
>
> http://www.qhull.org/
>
> Qhull computes the convex hull, Delaunay triangulation, Voronoi diagram,
> halfspace intersection about
> a point, furthest-site Delaunay triangulation, and furthest-site Voronoi
> diagram. The software runs in
> 2-d, 3-d, 4-d, and higher dimensions. Qhull implements the Quickhull
> algorithm for computing the
> convex hull. It handles roundoff errors from floating point arithmetic. Qhull
> also computes volumes,
> surface areas, and approximations to the convex hull.
>
> Perhaps new features about geometry functions are added.
> I am not good at this field but I believe this extends the potential of
> octave.
>
> Regards
>
> Tatsuro

Yes the QHull dependency was added to Octave about one month ago, adding
the functions delaunay, delaunay3, delaunayn, triplot, trimesh, tsearch,
tsearchn, dsearch, dsearchn, voronoi, voronoin, inpolygon, convhull,
convhulln, griddata, griddata3 and griddatan.

Regards
David

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only