Re: 2.9.15 --> 3.0

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: 2.9.15 --> 3.0
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:34:02 +0200

John W. Eaton skrev:
On  7-Oct-2007, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| So, what does that mean? Essentially we have to make some 3.0 release | candidate release about a week before 3.0 is actually released.
That's essentially what 2.9.14 was supposed to be, and (RSN) 2.9.15,
etc.  It's just that we keep finding things to fix or tweak.
What I was suggesting was really to make a release at some point. Call the a release candidate. And if nothing big comes up in the following week release that. Currently it seems like we keep on fixing bugs, and that nobody really knows when 3.0 is released. This isn't helpful to people who want to create binary distribution. If we want binary distributions on the day of the release, then we need to create an unofficial release sometime before the actual release. This is what I meant with a release candidate.

Did that make sense?
Søren