Re: Metis

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Metis
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 06:09:49 +0900 (JST)

--- Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I believe the details for compiling SuiteSparse with and without
> > METIS are in SuiteSparse/UFconfig/UFconfig.mk.
> >
> > If you haven't looked at that file, you may find what you need there.
> >
> > Ben
> >

> hmmm, I should have included a snippet of the relevant part. Here it is
>
> #-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -------
> # METIS, optionally used by CHOLMOD
> #-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -------
>
> # If you do not have METIS, or do not wish to use it in CHOLMOD, you
> must
> # compile CHOLMOD with the -DNPARTITION flag.  You must also use the
> # "METIS =" option, below.
>
> # The path is relative to where it is used, in CHOLMOD/Lib, CHOLMOD/
> MATLAB, etc.
> # You may wish to use an absolute path.  METIS is optional.  Compile
> # CHOLMOD with -DNPARTITION if you do not wish to use METIS.
> METIS_PATH = ../../metis-4.0
> METIS = ../../metis-4.0/libmetis.a
>
> # If you use CHOLMOD_CONFIG = -DNPARTITION then you must use the
> following
> # METIS_PATH =
> # METIS =

I have already awared of it and used  -DNPARTITION to build CHOLMOD without
METIS.

Pherhaps you noticed the following, but I would dare to say it for myself.

What I would like to say is as follows:
In the suitesparse page, the cholmod with metis is described.
Making the cholmod library with metis itself and use it users' own program is
not problem.

However if they use the cholmod library with metis for building octave,
thier action will be comfilct to the current GPL.

http://www.nabble.com/Metis-tf4636937.html#a13242937

My proposal is to make the document like 'ReadmeSuitespase' and
describe this problem in it.

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/