Re: object-oriented programming in Octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: object-oriented programming in Octave
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:45:27 +0100

Wolfgang_M wrote:
> Hello,
> I have also a strong interest that object orientation like matlab
> (@-Directories, user classes)
> will be realized. Are there any news about this topic? In another thread,
> there was also some speaking about this topic, but actually I'm not able to
> find this thread again. If I do, I'll post a link within this thread.
>
> Best,
> Wolfgang_M

Class objects are available now in the CVS tree in the branch with the
tag "object-branch". This branch is being kept up to date with the cvs
HEAD by John and will become the 3.1 tree soon after the release of
Octave 3.0.. Don't expect any thing resembling a stable release of
Octave with objects for at least 6 months..

D.