Re: cputime for Windows octave-2.9.16s is strange

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: cputime for Windows octave-2.9.16s is strange
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:04:34 +0900 (JST)

Hello David

The attached patch is not for the original data.cc in 2.9.16/src because the
data.cc in it does not
have lines from 3276 to 3285.  It ends the line at 3167.
But I manually fixed two corresponding lines and re-built mingw octave 2.9.16.
The result is

octave.exe:4> ts=cputime();
octave.exe:5> for n=1:1000;1==1;end;
octave.exe:6> cputime()-ts
ans =  0.12500

It seems to work correctly.
Thanks!!

Tatsuro

--- David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:

> cputime. tic and toc were moved to be built-in functions in 2.9.16 as
> for times shorter than 20ms, if was the symbol table code for the
> benchmarking code itself that was limiting the time resolution. That is
> something like "tic; sum(ones(4,1)); toc" or "t=cputime();
> sum(ones(4,1)); cputime()-t" was limited by the symbol table code for
> the tic, toc and cputime functions whereas sum is a builtin.
>
> When doing this it appears I made a mistake in the windows code.. I
> believe the appropriate fix is the attached.

New Design Yahoo! JAPAN  2008/01/01
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/newdesign/