GUD octave support

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: GUD octave support
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:17:17 +1300

Daniel Elliott has proposed adding Octave support in GUD, a debugger interface
for Emacs:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-11/msg01238.html

However, the mechanism used to find the Octave script for display in
an Emacs buffer seems a bit flakey.  Since Octave must have this information
would it be possible to add a "--fullname" option as used for Emacs by GDB
and other debuggers?

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, from the command line, e.g.,
an xterm, do:

  $ gdb --fullname myprog

where myprog is an excutable compiled with -g option, then

  (gdb) start

Older versions of GDB may not have start, in which case do "break main" then
"run".

Then you should get something like:

  Breakpoint 1 at 0x80485bc: file myprog.c, line 75.
  Starting program: /home/nickrob/myprog
  main (argc=1, argv=0xbfdbb894) at myprog.c:75
  ^Z^Z/home/nickrob/myprog.c:75:994:beg:0x80485bc

which is matched by a regexp in Emacs.  I think that Octave should be able to
emit the same information, i.e., something like:

Z^Z/home/nickrob/octave/example.m:4