Re: 2.9.18 --> 3.0

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: 2.9.18 --> 3.0
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:46:11 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
> Almost two months ago, on 6-Oct-2007, I wrote:
>
> | OK, I have the following items for 2.9.15, then bug fixes only until
> | 3.0 (really, I mean it this time :-):
> |
> |   * GPLv3
> |   * diag should preserve class/type
> |   * filename completion (if possible)
> |   * verify that the new residue works (could use some tests)
> |   * improve residue doc string
> |   * interp2 bug
> |   * num2str bug
> |   * any other pending bug reports?
> |
> | Is there anything else?
>
> Since then, there have been three snapshots (2.9.15, 2.9.16, and
> 2.9.17) and many changes.  Are we converging on 3.0 yet?  Many of the
> recent additions have been graphics-related, and I think we are making
> great progress there, but at some point I think we will have to
> actually make a release...  However, given the large number of recent
> changes, I think we need another snapshot first.  Are there any
> critical bugs to fix or other changes to make before 2.9.18?  3.0?

We are going to make a 3.0.1 in any case and so I'd say a couple of bugs
don't matter too much. However, between 2.9.18 and 3.0.0 there should be
no additional features, just bug fixes. However, I don't have any bugs
to fix that really affect me. One issue that probably does need fixing
is the issue of dxf, etc terminals in print that don't support pm3d even
in 4.2.2, a simple fix might be just to disable them

D.