Re: 2.9.18 --> 3.0

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: 2.9.18 --> 3.0
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 17:42:48 +0100

John W. Eaton schrieb:
On  1-Dec-2007, Thomas Treichl wrote:

| Oooops, I would have better had a look at the codes before I wrote
| that email. I found the FIXME in the error.cc file.

I remember this problem being discussed before, but I'm not sure I see
a FIXME note in error.cc that is specifically about it.

jwe

In current CVS file error.cc "DEFUN (error, args, ," line 1019:

  // FIXME -- need to extract and pass message id to
  // handle_message.

The mwarnerr.m output from the example I sent looks somehow like that fixme for me, ie. the error ID is passed to the output instead of the error message and so the error id is not extracted but taken as the output string? My example looks like

  octave-2.9.17:1> mwarnerr
  warning: This is a warning with ID
  error: mwarnerr:ErrID
  error: called from `mwarnerr' in file `/Users/Me/tmp/mwarnerr.m'

I'm not sure that I have had a look at the right place?

  Thomas