Re: Proposed patch for arbitrary call stack access for external debugger

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Proposed patch for arbitrary call stack access for external debuggers.
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:05:39 -0500

On 14-Dec-2007, Ryan Rusaw wrote:

| I'm only replying to my own message because I'm unsure if my original
| post made it to the list as it doesn't appear in the list archives. Is
| there perhaps an attachment file size limit on the list that I am
| unaware of?

Sorry for the delay.  There is a size limit for postings on all the
Octave lists, but if the size limit is exceeded, the message should be
held for approval by a moderator.  I don't recall seeing a message
from you in the moderator queue.

| On Dec 14, 2007 12:39 AM, Ryan Rusaw <address@hidden> wrote:
| > In the process of implementing a DBGP aware debugger for octave I
| > needed access to call stack information ie. function and line number,
| > at arbitrary stack depths. Attached is a patch against octave 2.9.19
| > to accomplish that.

| > 1. It replaces the internal stl list of the octave_call_stack class
| > with a deque, and adds methods to provide access to the elements of
| > the deque by depth based index.
| >
| > 2. It replaces the current_statement and current_caller_statement
| > pointers with a tree_statement_stack class modeled after the new
| > octave_call_stack class.

A change like this seems reasonable.  Can you please send the patch
again?

Thanks,