Re: Octave 3.0.0 available for ftp

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Octave 3.0.0 available for ftp
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 22:47:39 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
Octave 3.0.0 is now available for ftp from ftp.octave.org in the
directory /pub/octave:

I've downloaded and built the most recent version.  Looks good folks.  Congrats.

It seems that the graphics is more responsive now.  After a plot parameter is
changed, the plot seems to appear more quickly than last time I updated Octave.
 Anyone aware of a change that would have caused this or is it just my
imagination?

Is "replot" supposed to replot the current graphic?  I.e., typing "replot"
currently doesn't bring the plot to the top window of the desktop.

For anyone interested, the CVS version of gnuplot now has an X11 feature where
an X window ID can be passed in as a parameter and the plot will appear in that
window.  This might be useful for an X GUI environment to give the appearance
of everything integrated.

Dan