Re: Adding *new* files to the CVS; How?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Adding *new* files to the CVS; How?
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:25:51 +0800

On Jan 6, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Thomas Treichl wrote:

Shai Ayal schrieb:
On Jan 6, 2008 6:09 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
For the majority who does not have write access to the CVS, what is
the proper way to submit new files?

Are they to be submitted in a patch? ... if so, how is the patch
created?

or should they be submitted in their entirety?
I think submitting them in their entirety, with a Changelog entry should be OK
Shai

Hi Ben,

you also can submit new files as a patch file. If you have two directories, eg. octave and octave.orig then a typical call to diff would be

 diff -urN octave.orig octave

'-r' is used for recursive and '-N' is used for new files.

 Thomas

Thanks.

I also found I could place a faux entry in Entries. For example,

        /some_file.m/0/Initial some_file.m//

I don't know what will happen when the files eventually make it into the cvs though.

Ben