Re: Polyfit with scaling

From: Rolf Fabian
Subject: Re: Polyfit with scaling
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 02:20:55 -0800 (PST)

Thomas Weber-8 wrote:

> There are three FIXME's in the code. Two are about the usage of repmat()
> and reshape, respectively (speed reasons). The third one deals with the
> second parameter from chol(), which is undocumented. So I don't know
> what the code should do in case this return value is non-zero (the
> current code ignores this).

In summer 2004 I already did a similar study on 'polyfit'.

About the 2nd output argument of 'chol' see :
<http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/archive//help-octave.2004/msg01497.html>
<http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/archive//help-octave.2004/msg01501.html>
<http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/archive//help-octave.2004/msg01502.html>
<http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/archive//help-octave.2004/msg01503.html>
<http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/archive//help-octave.2004/msg01504.html>

Rolf

-----
Rolf Fabian
<r dot fabian at jacobs-university dot de>