Re: removing graphics.h from stamp-prereq in src/Makefile.in

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: removing graphics.h from stamp-prereq in src/Makefile.in
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:49:38 +0100

On Wed, Feb 6, 2008 at 11:39 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> GCC doesn't look at the #line directives when generating
> dependencies.  Why are those appearing as dependencies?  I would only
> expect a dependency generator to be searching include files.

Please bear with me. I'm not using GCC, but I'm trying to make MSVC to
behave as GCC, which is not an easy task. Of course, the "-M" flag is
not supported by MSVC, so I emulate it in cc-msvcl. This emulation actually
performs a "cc-msvc -E" and parse the output to extract dependency.
It happens that MSVC also outputs '#line' statements for included files.
So the '#line' statements produced by bison are also catched by this
-M emulation.

Michael.