RE: The problem of file separator of mingw octave on Japanesewindows. Re

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: RE: The problem of file separator of mingw octave on Japanesewindows. Re: 3.0.1 release?
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 05:54:24 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Thank you David.

Looking for your mail, the quating by "" is not a good selection
The alternaive way in the msys on the Japanese Windows is to use
'\\' instead of '\' like

 cp c:\\Programs\\aaa.txt d:\\usr

If the octave can find the msys is working on the Japanese windows,
is it possible to make the path like the above?

Anyway it will take a time to solve this problem.
I think that I cannot to solve the problem at 3.0.1 release.
I will consider the problem for a while.

BTW, John,
I am happy you to have mind on this problem.
Is the 3.0.1 coming soon?

If so, the I will change the schedule of
the binary release for the new octave-forge for the 3.0.0 on the cygwin and
mingw.

Regards

Tatssuro

http://www.nabble.com/dirty-but-most-simple-method-by-which-pkg-install-will-be-successful-in-mingw-octave-tt13619782.html#a13619782