Re: Plot command sequence behavior

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Plot command sequence behavior
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:22:30 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 23-Mar-2008, Bill Denney wrote:
[snip]
Right, the plot function is a "high-level" graphics function so it calls
the newplot function to start a new plot.

OK.

Or just add plot decorations after making the plot:

  plot (0:50);
  title ("hi");

But then after typing in a bunch of decorations and deciding the plot doesn't
look exactly right and one wants to

 plot (0:60)

instead then it is back to entering all the decorations.  (Of course, that is
why I do everything in M files anyway so I have a copy.)

Just seems odd, that's all.  If one opens a new figure, then yes all
decorations should be cleared, but when just essentially changing the data for
the existing plot?

Dan