Re: review needed: binary lookup

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: review needed: binary lookup
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:00:56 +0100

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
> hello,
>
> I would like to implement a compiled binary search for Octave that
> would replace the current lookup m-file implementation.
> Dr. Eaton asked for an independent review of this code.

I avoided trying to comment on this code in the past as the existing
lookup function isn't mine, but rather Paul Kienzle's ... However, I'd
say that it makes sense to accelerate the lookup function as its needed
for nearest and linear interpolation in all of the interpX functions and
these are used relatively often... If the code passes all of the
existing tests in use in the interpX functions, then I'd say accept it.

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary