Re: [CHANGESET]: First attempt at a single precision type.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [CHANGESET]: First attempt at a single precision type.
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:25:52 -0400

On 29-Apr-2008, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| Btw, I was thinking whether C++'s standard valarray template class was
| considered as a base for Octave's arrays. It seems it could have saved
| a lot of work ... OTOH, was it widely available in the past?

Um, I started working on the classes that became liboctave sometime in
1991.  At that time, C++ did not even have real templates.  Does
anyone else here remember using the pseudo templates from libg++?  In
any case, I don't have an objection to migrating to more modern things
provided we can maintain the same user-visible interfaces.