"whos -all" and "who -all" fail

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: "whos -all" and "who -all" fail
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 11:34:28 -0400

On  5-May-2008, David Bateman wrote:

| The commands "who -all" and "whos -all" fail with the current
| repositories symbol table code. The code to do this seems to have been
| removed. Was this a deliberate choice? If it was what is the recommended
| way of finding out the list of functions that are currently in teh
| symbol table?

I remember removing it because (I think) there was no simple way to
make it work exactly as before with the new symbol table, and also
becaue there is no "all" option for who in Matlab.

Do you need this option for debugging, or something else?

If it is just debugging, would it be OK to have the following

  -- vector_of_scope_ids = __dump_symbol_table__ ("scopes")

    Return a vector of all scope ids currently in use in the symbol
    table.

  __dump_symbol_table__ (scope)

    Print a detailed listing of all information in the symbol table
    for the scope id SCOPE.

  __dump_symbol_table__ ()

    Print a detailed listing of all information in the symbol table
    for all scopes.

?