Re: Q: Low hanging fruit?

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: Q: Low hanging fruit?
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 07:10:27 -0400

David Bateman wrote:
Bill Denney wrote:
So, I have updated the list.  There are at least 75 new functions in
octave and packages that are new to 3.0.1*.  Congratulations to everyone
for their hard work.  The list of functions is available at
http://www.denney.ws/octave/3.0.1/

Now, let's get more for 3.0.2!

* This is counted as functions that are distributed in the 3.0.1 windows
package that was uploaded on sourceforge.  I also know that plenty more
were added to what will eventually become 3.1 that are not counted here.
Note that dbstep, dbcont and dbquit are in fact in Octave 3.0.1 and
earlier versions of Octave. However they are only available at the debug
 prompt and so probably your script isn't seeing them. dbstack, dbup and
dbdown are in the 3.1 branch as well. I imagine these will have to be
explicitly added to your script as existing functions.
Out of curiosity, how could a user find them without knowing the functions are there already? I can't find those functions with which, help, or iskeyword. It seems like they should show up somehow (especially with help). I could add them to the help documentation for keyboard, but that doesn't help too much if they don't have their own help pages.

Thanks,

Bill