Re: thoughts about an extension: views

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: thoughts about an extension: views
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 07:34:16 -0400

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
I have been thinking about an extension that would solve (to some
extent) two of regularly reappearing user requests:
pass-by-reference (or equivalent functionality) and other than
one-based indexing.
I would definitely not like to have other than one-based indexing. This would make code significantly less maintainable. For every variable, you would have to remember what the indexing style was (bad), and if you pass your code on to someone else, they would have to figure it out (worse). I think that if you need zero based indexing, you should use a(i+1) instead of a(i), and while it is not the most convenient, having a different indexing standard available is much less convenient.

Have a good day,

Bill