Graphics: Title and label properties

From: Maciek Gajewski
Subject: Graphics: Title and label properties
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:35:52 +0200

Hello

I've noticed that current axes code doesn't takes special care for title and
x/y/(z) label items. They are created when appropriate, but I think (and
compatibility suggest) that axes should initialize they properties, and then
update them when needed.

Especially:

- positions of all these labels should be updated whenever xlim/ylim/zlim
changes, so labels and title are painted in proper positions,
- clipping should be set off, so labels can be displayed outside axes plot
box,
- y-label should be rotated 90 degrees
etc.

This could be done in backend, but IMO octave should take care of this. Are
there any plans to do it? If no, I'd like to do it .

BTW I  have another question: why the default font size for axes is 12, when
competition have 10 points (which looks better)?

Maciek Gajewski