Re: problem with tests on latest octave

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: problem with tests on latest octave
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:06:31 +0200

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Riccardo Corradini
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi John,
> I compiled the latest octave 3.1.51+ in the following manner:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr  F77=gfortran
> instead of g77 and everything works fine.

I suspect you have gfortran-compiled BLAS and LAPACK on your system,
and that's what causes the trouble, since gfortran and g77 differ in
default calling conventions.

Still, the invalid BLAS library should have been rejected by the
configure script in the former case, there's a runtime detection of
these issues in 3.1.51. Can you please configure (no need to compile)
again with g77 and show me the config.log? I'd like to know what went
wrong.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert