Re: classdef support for octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: classdef support for octave
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:20:26 +0200

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:10 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm also busy this week with other projects.

No problem. This is a long-term issue.

> | A complete implementation requires work on the internal data representation
> | and MOP,
>
> MOP?

Meta-Object Protocol.

> | work on the parser for the syntactic sugar (classdef parsing,
> | ?-syntax for class access, @-syntax for overloaded method call in the
> | parent classes...), work on the tree evaluator (for package scope handling).
>
> I could probably help with this if you can explain the syntax, or
> point to a more or less complete description of it.

I can only point you to the Mathworks documentation, which is the
source I'm using (I'm stuck with Matlab 2006b, which does not
support this feature):

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_oop/ug_intropage.html

Michael.