Re: [Changeset] imfinfo

From: soren
Subject: Re: [Changeset] imfinfo
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:15:59 +0200

Quoting "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>:

On 24-Sep-2008, Søren Hauberg wrote:

|   The attached changeset implement the 'imfinfo' function for reading
| header information from image files. I'm not sure if this function is
| part of core Matlab or the Image Processing Toolbox. But it was fairly
| easy to add to core Octave, so that's what I'm proposing.

I applied the patch with a few changes, plus I added ChangeLog
entries.  I simplified the code you wrote to download a file given a
URL by using the urlwrite function instead of urlread and fwrite,

Thanks -- I thought 'urlwrite' allowed you to write data to some given url (i.e. save data on some server), but I was mistaken. I do think there's a problem with the changes you made. If a file is downloaded from some url, it looks like it won't be deleted when we're done with it. I mean, shouldn't there be an

  if (file_was_downloaded)
    unlink (fn)
  endif

at the end of the function?