octave contribution

From: Johann Joss
Subject: octave contribution
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:21:16 +0200

Dear maintainer

I would like to contribute to your project.

First let me introduce myself.
I was born on oct 3 1944, studiet math at ETHZ, Swizerland and worked with
computers
for all my professional life.
Some of the work I did:
Assisting in developping numerical methods
Written a compiler for Algol 60 an a CDC 6000 machine
written a program to play chess
written a program to transform an alogl function into one which also produces
the derivative (my phd)
done some work in computer graphics
some communications projects (using modems, power line modems, TCP/IP)

I have intensively used Algol 60, C, assemblers and Java, little Fortran,
Pascal, C++, RPG
I used make and ant, but I am not an expert in these tools.

I have used several operating systems. I am forced to use Windows XP for my job
but
am using Linux for my own projects.

I programmed some I/O drivers, but not for Linux.

As for graphics, I mostly use Java with swing. I have tried Borland objective
Windows,
Microsoft foundation classes (which I found inferior) and recently I palyed a
bit with QT4.
Java swing is still ma favorite.

At this moment I am working on a control system using Atmel microcontollers
(both, hardware
and software development)

I am a model airplane hobbyist and plan to do some work on airfoil design,
analysis and
flight simulators. This might also become a good package for octave.

I also plan to build some robots. the first is a foam cutter for my airplanes I
plan to use
Atmel microcontrollers communicated to by RS232 from a Java swing application.

Would you like me to do some work on octave and if so, where should I start?

Regards
Johann Joss

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/address@hidden