Gnuplot unzoom--Anyone else wish it were different?

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Gnuplot unzoom--Anyone else wish it were different?
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 23:32:57 -0500

I'm curious what other users of Octave with gnuplot think about the "unzoom" behavior.
In gnuplot x11 terminal one can zoom a plot (the most recent plot only if it is multiplot) with the
mouse.  That is very convenient, but unfortunately typing "u" for unzooming will not go
back to what Octave had chosen for the plot range.  Instead, it will autorange to something else.
At least, this is the behavior I've seen in using Octave a lot lately.  It is a bit annoying.

I'm thinking of requesting that gnuplot zoom/unzoom the plot range in a
stack-based (push/pop) fashion so that unzooming will bring back the plot to
what Octave had chosen before zooming.

Dan