how someone can help improving tests

From: address@hidden
Subject: how someone can help improving tests
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:07:46 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all

I have read the short discussion about helping with the tests.
Now I was wondering if I can read somewhere on the octave or
octave-forge page something about testing.
I could not.

Maybe it's helpfull (also for beginners) if somewhere on a page
are some sentence written about
"how to start improving tests" or something similar. Maybe at the wiki page?

Now for my own interests, what exactly happens if I enter "make check" after
compiling the octave source?
I see running a lot of tests. I think this are the tests in the m-files
where the lines start with %! but I'm not sure.

Writing tests for m-files which doesn't have them can be a good start to learn
how octave
works and how some code looks like.

Michael