Re: Python to Octave bridge

From: David Grundberg
Subject: Re: Python to Octave bridge
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:18:28 +0200

Søren Hauberg skrev:
fre, 17 10 2008 kl. 12:56 +0200, skrev David Grundberg:
Call Octave code in Python:
 >>> import pytave
 >>> pytave.feval(1, "cos", 0)
(1.0,)

What does the '1' argument to 'feval' mean?
It is the nargout argument to the called function. Actually this is a kludge, it would be nice to be able to call functions without specifying nargout explicitly - as if you just called the function from the command interface. Haven't figured out the semantics yet.
I noticed on this page that the code is GPLv2. Since Octave is GPLv3 (or
later) then I'm guessing that would be the best license choice for your
code as well.

Søren
Thanks for pointing this out, I was mistaken and for some reason thought Octave used GPLv2. I'll change to the correct license (GPLv3).