Re: stem plot problem [changeset]

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: stem plot problem [changeset]
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:48:13 -0400

On Oct 17, 2008, at 2:45 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

I'm seeing the following problem with the current development sources
(this is demo 7 in stem.m):

 octave:1>  x = [0:10].';
 octave:2>  y = [sin(x), cos(x)];
 octave:3>  h = stem (x, y);
 octave:4>  set (h(2), "color", "g");
 octave:5>  set (h(1), "basevalue", 1)
 error: number of rows must match (33 != 11) near line 468, column 33
 error: called from:
error: /home/jwe/src/octave/scripts/plot/__go_draw_axes__.m at line 468, column 24 error: /home/jwe/src/octave/scripts/plot/__go_draw_figure__.m at line 56, column 8 error: /home/jwe/src/octave/scripts/plot/gnuplot_drawnow.m at line 68, column 5

The problem appears to be this concatenation at line 465 in
__go_draw_axes__.m:

              data{data_idx} = [xdat, ydat]';

Again, I don't understand what is supposed to be happening, or why
xdat has 11 elements and ydat has 33 at this point.  I could use
some help fixing this problem.

jwe

Ok, taking a fresh look at __stem__.m this morning the problem was quite clear.

The subfunction "move_baseline" presumed the old ordering of children. Recently the order was changed so that the kids(end) are the elder and kids(1) the youger. The attached trivial changeset fixes the problem.

Ben