Re: contribution to the octave documentation.

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: contribution to the octave documentation.
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:18:45 +0100

Thorsten Meyer wrote:
Hi,

I think I should quickly introduce myself: my name is Thorsten Meyer. I
live in Munich (Germany) and work for a semiconductor company. At work I
have been using octave intensively to evaluate and visualize measurement
and simulation data of semiconductor devices for many years.

I have been wanting to contribute to the development of octave in some
way for quite a while already. I hardly know any c++ at all and I am
quite out of sync with the development of the octave language, because
at work I am still stuck with octave 2.1.71. So I would like to help
with the documentation.

I have a few ideas what to work on. Still I would also be thankful for
advice on where in the documentation improvement is particularly needed
or welcome.
Frankly, most of the documentation is just a collection of the corresponding functions in a domain. To have a real manual it would be better if these areas were expanded to include explanations of the domain and worked examples. This corresponds to the vast majority of the manual and so I wouldn't pick on any particular part that needs more work than another, but rather suggest that you choose an area where you feel the most comfortable to work on and start there.

Regards
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary