Re: @ref into @seealso

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: @ref into @seealso
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 17:52:33 +0200

tir, 21 10 2008 kl. 11:26 -0400, skrev John W. Eaton:
> | Some weeks ago I posted a suggestion on rewriting the help system as
> | m-files [1]. This approach included the function 'get_help_text' which
> | returns the raw texinfo help string of a function (using the code
> | already in Octave for this). Using this function, it would be trivial to
> | rewrite munge-texi as an m-file, which in turn would make it easier to
> | change munge-texi to expand @seealso.
>
> OK.  I think it would be good to move this part of Octave to .m files
> if possible.  Sorry for not responding to your earlier message, but as
> more people are contributing it's unlikely that I can comment on every
> proposal (which is why I'm glad to see you commenting on Thorsten's
> proposal).

Yeah, it's been a joy to watch the increase in traffic, so actually
didn't expect a prompt reply. What I'm suggesting is a low-priority
change as it has no immediate user-visible difference. Anyway, I'll
provide a more complete changeset that moves the help system to m-files
in the next couple of days.

Søren