Re: make check failure from current sources

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: make check failure from current sources
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 05:10:25 -0500

On Nov 2, 2008, at 4:04 AM, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Thomas Treichl <address@hidden> wrote:
Ben Abbott schrieb:

No. The problem remains. I'll be unusually busy for the next several days
(at the least), but will try to dig a bit deeper into this problem.

If anyone else is building the developer's sources on Mac OSX, please let
me/us know if you see this problem as well.

Hi Ben,

the problem is there (I also already tried Jaroslav's changeset too) - and if I comment out the first test of dblquad.m and then run 'make check' again then there appear some new failures that have not been there on my machine
before. I cut the messages out of the fntests.log file:

processing
/Users/Thomas/Development/octave/scripts/geometry/griddata3.m
***** testif HAVE_QHULL
rand('state', 0);
x = 2 * rand(1000, 1) - 1;
y = 2 * rand(1000, 1) - 1;
z = 2 * rand(1000, 1) - 1;
v = x.^2 + y.^2 + z.^2;
[xi, yi, zi] = meshgrid (-0.8:0.2:0.8);
##vi = reshape (griddatan([x(:), y(:), z(:)], v, [xi(:), yi(:), zi(:)],
'linear'), size (xi));
vi = griddata3 (x, y, z, v, xi, yi, zi, 'linear');
vv = vi - xi.^2 - yi.^2 - zi.^2;
assert (max(abs(vv(:))), 0, 0.1)
!!!!! test failed
A(I): Index exceeds matrix dimension.  ***** testif HAVE_QHULL
rand('state', 0);
x = 2 * rand(1000, 1) - 1;
y = 2 * rand(1000, 1) - 1;
z = 2 * rand(1000, 1) - 1;
v = x.^2 + y.^2 + z.^2;
[xi, yi, zi] = meshgrid (-0.8:0.2:0.8);
##vi = reshape (griddatan([x(:), y(:), z(:)], v, [xi(:), yi(:), zi(:)],
'linear'), size (xi));
vi = griddata3 (x, y, z, v, xi, yi, zi, 'nearest');
vv = vi - xi.^2 - yi.^2 - zi.^2;
assert (max(abs(vv(:))), 0, 0.1)
!!!!! test failed
A(I): Index exceeds matrix dimension.
processing
/Users/Thomas/Development/octave/scripts/geometry/griddatan.m
***** testif HAVE_QHULL
[xx,yy] = meshgrid(linspace(-1,1,32));
xi = [xx(:), yy(:)];
x = (2 * rand(100,2) - 1);
x = [x;1,1;1,-1;-1,-1;-1,1];
y = sin(2*(sum(x.^2,2)));
zz = griddatan(x,y,xi,'linear');
zz2 = griddata(x(:,1),x(:,2),y,xi(:,1),xi(:,2),'linear');
assert (zz, zz2, 1e-10)
!!!!! test failed
A(I): Index exceeds matrix dimension.
processing /Users/Thomas/Development/octave/scripts/geometry/ rectint.m
processing
/Users/Thomas/Development/octave/scripts/geometry/tsearchn.m
***** test
[idx, p] = tsearchn (x,tri,[-1,-1]);
assert (idx, 1)
assert (p, [1,0,0], 1e-12)
!!!!! test failed
A(I): Index exceeds matrix dimension.shared variables {
x =

 -1  -1
 -1   1
  1  -1

tri =

  1   2   3

}
***** test
[idx, p] = tsearchn (x,tri,[-1,1]);
assert (idx, 1)
assert (p, [0,1,0], 1e-12)
!!!!! test failed
A(I): Index exceeds matrix dimension.shared variables {
x =

 -1  -1
 -1   1
  1  -1

tri =

  1   2   3

}
***** test
[idx, p] = tsearchn (x,tri,[1,-1]);
assert (idx, 1)
assert (p, [0,0,1], 1e-12)
!!!!! test failed
A(I): Index exceeds matrix dimension.shared variables {
x =

 -1  -1
 -1   1
  1  -1

tri =

  1   2   3

}
***** test
[idx, p] = tsearchn (x,tri,[-1/3,-1/3]);
assert (idx, 1)
assert (p, [1/3,1/3,1/3], 1e-12)
!!!!! test failed
A(I): Index exceeds matrix dimension.shared variables {
x =

 -1  -1
 -1   1
  1  -1

tri =

  1   2   3

}
processing
/Users/Thomas/Development/octave/scripts/miscellaneous/ fullfile.m
***** assert (fullfile (""), "")
!!!!! test failed
A(I): Index exceeds matrix dimension.shared variables {
fs = /
fsx = /x
xfs = x/
fsxfs = /x/
xfsy = x/y
}

Hi Thomas,

did you also have this one when you tested?
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/f7d44b6a74df

If yes, then I'm out of ideas what can be wrong. If you are willing to
digg into this, I could send you some patches with debug traceprints
that may help reveal where the problem happens.

regards

Jaroslav/Thomas,

The f7d44b6a74df  changeset fixed the problem for me. Thanks!

Ben