Re: Difference in greek tic marks for x11 and aqua?

From: Ethan Merritt
Subject: Re: Difference in greek tic marks for x11 and aqua?
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:07:31 -0800

On Monday 03 November 2008 09:11:25 Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >  set term x11 enh
> >  set xlabel "{/Symbol q}, radians" font "Helvetica, 20"
>
> If I use
> set xlabel "radians" font "Helvetica, 20"
>
> insted -- everything works as expected...

Yes, because that does not invoke the enhanced text mode.

As I understand it at this moment, the problem is the font
requested by the 'set ...' command is only applied to normal text,
not to enhanced text.

If a text string does not use any of the enhanced text markup
characters, then it is handled by the normal text processing code.

--
Ethan A Merritt