Re: Significant speed-up of datevec

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Significant speed-up of datevec
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:11:37 -0600

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

What I don't understand though, is that successively calling this test
function results in worse performance after the first call:

octave:2> DN = testfunc4();
ans =  2.1877
octave:3> DN = testfunc4();
ans =  2.2437

Any ideas?  (I check the usual suspects, like having to delete the return
value, etc.)

Not really. I have, however, noted that "clear all" prevents the
effect, so I suspect some problem with persistent variables. But it's
definitely worth further investigation.

Sure enough.  I didn't notice that.

I applied this patch.

Thanks.

If you intend to make more than a few
contributions to Octave, please consider making yourself familiar with
Mercurial and then using it to create, organize and send patches.

I'm learning; takes a while.

Dan